The Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act deals in part with how financial institutions treat non-public personal financial information. We appreciate the trust you place in us when you engage us to provide financial services for you and your families. As part of this trust, you provide us with your private, personal information. The following sections outline information we may collect and how we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the information you provide to us, and through information we obtain over the course of your business relationship with us and others. The information enables us to administer to your business needs and to ensure that we are providing services which satisfy your financial needs.
For current and former clients we do not disclose any non-public personal information to third parties, i.e., companies or individuals that are not affiliated with Petrovits, Patrick, Smith & Company, LLC, without your explicit permission except as required or permitted by law.
We have policies and procedures in place to protect non-public personal information about our clients.
Sources of information we collect about you
Non-public personal information is information that we collect from you that is not otherwise available from public sources. The categories of personal information we collect include the following:
- Information we receive from you on the Tax Organizer used to prepare your individual tax returns, such as your name, address, social security numbers, names of family members, assets and income;
- Documentation accompanying the Tax Organizer such as W-2’s, 1099’s, brokerage statements, expense documentation, etc.;
- Your organization’s books and records which provide information about your transactions with others, or us, such as your account balances, investments, and current and prior tax information.
- Information we receive from third parties such as brokers and financial institutions.
- Information obtained from interviews and phone calls with you, and letters or emails from you.
Protecting your personal information
Within our organization, we restrict access to non-public personal information to only those employees who need to know the information in order to provide services to our clients.
We have policies and procedures that give direction to our employees regarding how to protect and use non-public personal information.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Please contact our office with any questions you may have. We can be reached via phone (860) 496-8119, fax (860) 489-8377 or email email@example.com.
PETROVITS, PATRICK, SMITH & COMPANY LLC